Happy Halloween to our local tech community! We hope you all have a safe and fun evening whether you are trick-or-treating with the kids, hosting a party, or heading out on the town.
If you (like many of us) have left your costume to the 11th hour, fear not – here are our top 5 picks for last minute tech-themed costumes that will save the day!
Costume: Google Maps
Supplies: 1 red piece of poster board, masking tape
- Cut poster board into the shape of a tear drop
- Cut a circular hole in the centre of the tear drop
- Turn the tear drop upside down and hold up to your face
- Write street names on several pieces of masking tape and stick them to your clothes.
- Ta-Da! You are Google Maps!
Supplies: all-black base outfit (shirt and pants or dress), printer and paper, tape or safety pins
- Print out full-page pictures of iPhone app icons
- Tape or pin to your clothes
- Ta-Da! You’re an iPhone!
Supplies: printer and paper, tape or safety pins, lack of coordination
- Print a full-page version of the tumblr logo
- Tape or pin to the front of your shirt
- Fall down frequently throughout the night
- Ta-Da! You’re tumblr!
Costume: Steve Jobs
Supplies: 1 black turtle neck, 1 pair of blue jeans, 1 pair of glasses, running shoes
- Ta-Da! You are Steve Jobs!
Costume: Social Media Professional
Supplies: business casual attire, hipster glasses, every piece of mobile technology you own, vocabulary stocked with buzzwords
- Ta-da! You’re a social media professional!