- Established companies to accelerate growth, expand facilities, and adopt new technologies that improve their productivity and competitiveness.
- Early stage high growth businesses to accelerate their growth and attract angel/venture capital.
- Universities, colleges, and research institutions for projects that enable private sector businesses to collaborate with Canada’s leading researchers, using state-of-the-art equipment, to create new products – or incorporate new technologies into existing products – and win globally.
- Regional economic development organizations to support the diversification and revitalization local economies.
- Not-for-profit entities to undertake third-party delivery of loans and financial contribution initiatives to their member businesses.
David Elgie runs a management consulting firm specializing in the development of proposals for businesses, post-secondary institutions, and municipalities to obtain federal and provincial funding for business expansion, innovation, productivity, and collaborative economic development initiatives.
He has 25 years experience at the executive level leading the delivery of federal government financial incentive programs of this nature.
• Assessed 2000+ business plans and funding proposals
• Successfully negotiated funding agreements providing over $500 million in financial incentives to businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and post-secondary institutions throughout southern Ontario.
• Experience working with all sizes of companies from start ups to multi-nationals in a wide range of sectors with emphasis on manufacturing, food processing, automotive, aerospace/defence, and ICT, digital media, and other knowledge-based sectors.