Tarique Al-Ansari immigrated with his family to Canada at the age of 19. After enrolling in software engineering at Western University, he dropped out in his third year to start the region’s first online food court. This is where he experienced the challenges of accepting electronic payments first-hand. Following his successful exit from the venture and driven by a passion to make accepting electronic payments easy for other entrepreneurs, Tarique co-founded Zomaron in 2008. Over the next decade, Zomaron would experience rapid growth; earning many accolades, including being recognized as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies on the GROWTH 500 for multiple years.
Named one of London, Ontario’s Top 20 Under 40, Tarique now leads a team of over 80 full-time employees and 100+ sales partners across Canada that are dedicated to making Zomaron one of world’s leading fintech companies by developing and innovating proprietary electronic payments platforms that focus on improving the user experience for both merchants and their customers.
Abdullah Saab, Co-Founder and Chief Operating and Financial Officer
As the Chief Operating and Financial Officer of Zomaron Inc., Abdullah Saab oversees the company’s operations and finances, leads the development of Zomaron’s strategic plans, and ensures cross-departmental alignment within the company.
After graduating from the Ivey School of Business in 2008 with an HBA in Finance Administration, Abdullah co-founded Zomaron Inc., an award-winning fintech company that provides payment processing technology for businesses and registered charities to accept electronic payments online and in-store. Abdullah has been instrumental in helping Zomaron achieve consistent year-over-year revenue, profitability, client and employee growth. The company has grown rapidly over the last 2 years, expanding from 20 to 80 employees with 100+ sales partners across Canada.
Abdullah grew up in the Greater Toronto Area and now resides in London, Ontario along with his wife and son.
You may not know…
- Zomaron was founded in 2008, and its headquarters are located in London, Ontario
- Zomaron has 75+ employees
- Zomaron serves over 5500+ merchants across Canada
- Zomaron processes over 20 million transactions worth over $2.5 billion annually
- Zomaron boasts 100+ sales partners all across Canada
- Zomaron hosted London, Ontario’s first ever drone light show in 2017
- Zomaron’s Continued Growth Lands PROFIT 500 Ranking for 2nd Consecutive Year
- Fast-growing London digital firm Zomoron finds new home in old library amid major growth
- Lighted drones that create shapes in the sky will be part of the White Oaks Canada Day nighttime celebrations.
- Zomaron Top’s 2018’s List of Great Places to Work in Technology and Lands Growth 500 Ranking for 3rd Consecutive Year
Awards & Nominations
Zomaron Inc., one of Canada’s premier fintech firms and electronic payment processors, has been recognized for the second consecutive year by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With a five-year revenue growth of 576%, Zomaron earns a ranking of No. 125 on the 29th annual PROFIT 500.
Best Workplaces in Canada
Zomaron Inc., one of the country’s fastest growing fintech firms, has been recognized on 2018’s list of Best Workplaces in Canada. Zomaron has ranked #44 nationally for Best Workplaces with Fewer than 100 Employees.