The monthly member spotlight is an opportunity to learn more about a leader at one of our member companies and showcase the work they are doing. This month, we spotlight Talbot McInnis, Operations Director at 787 Networks. Learn more about 787 Networks in our member directory.
Name: Talbot McInnis
Title: Operations Director
Company: 787 Networks
1. What is your role and what is your favorite part of your job?
I direct and participate on the DevOps team. The highlight of my position is the variety of fresh challenges that our team find solutions for.
2. If you could have coffee with any business leader or industry expert, who would you choose, and why?
I would have loved to learn from the late great Steve Jobs. Although I don’t agree with all of his methods, I am amazed at how effectively and consistently his vision and standards permiated throughout the organization.
3. What is the #1 business book/blog/website you would recommend?
Keep an eye on anything shared by your LinkedIn contacts. There are often gems in there!
4. Looking at your company’s future, what are you most enthusiastic about?
We are experience a recent explosive growth within our team and I am very excited to overcome some hurtles which seemed impossible only six months ago.
5. What excites you most about the local tech community?
London’s tech community is very proud of their roots and status. The passion every member shares is apparent at every community event and it is exciting to see where that will take us.
6. What causes or community activities is your company involved in?
We have only recently began reaching out into the community. We have participated in several great Tech Alliance events. We are currently working with Western, Tech Vibes and the Angular London group.