The monthly member spotlight is an opportunity to learn more about a leader at one of our member companies and showcase the work they are doing. This month, we spotlight Michelle Carter, CEO of Carter Creations. Learn more about Carter Creations in our member directory.
Carter Creations is a Canadian Web Media Company – We create all type of digital content including, video, audio, graphics and text.
1. What is your role and what is your favorite part of your job?
As the creative director I get to bring my ideas to fruition and then design the best strategy to execute them.
2. If you could have coffee with any business leader or industry expert, who would you choose, and why?
Tim Ferriss because he has seen a lot of startups execute their ideas and then succeed or fail their execution. I would love to hear that kind of data to see the trends of what is working and what is not working in the tech industry.
3. What is the #1 business book/blog/website you would recommend?
Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk
4. Looking at your company’s future, what are you most enthusiastic about?
This may sound strange but I am looking forward to competition and other copying my strategies. This will mean that I have then become an influence.
5. What excites you most about the local tech community?
The endless opportunities!
6. What causes or community activities is your company involved in?
It’s a bit of a personal passion that we have been very active in the horse show industry and have been sponsors for the local dressage, eventing and show jumping sports.