The monthly member spotlight is an opportunity to learn more about a leader at one of our member companies and showcase the work they are doing. This month, we spotlight David Uram from Mindstack.
Learn more about Mindstack in our member directory.
1) What is your mobile device of choice, and why?
Blackberry right now but that is changing to Android next month because I have a nexus tablet that should sync well with the Andriod.
2) Who do you look to for inspiration, in business or your personal life?
A variety of people depending on the circumstance; Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison to Anthony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki and my girlfriend.
3) What is the #1 business book you would recommend?
“Seeking Wisdom, from Darwin to Munger.” It deals with Human psychology/behaviour and has Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger commenting throughout.
4) What keeps you up at night?
My cat breaking into the bedroom at night because she wants to hangout. She knows how to open our door using the the door handle (it was kind of frightening the first few times it happened).
5) Looking at your company’s future, what are you most enthusiastic about?
Our Big&Bold event – doing something incredibly awesome for London. Also, testing our software in London and partnering with other organizations as we scale and build out from London.
6) What causes/community involvement/corporate social responsibility efforts are your company involved in?
Big&Bold: we are hosting our first annual event with students and youth in London by providing a financial incentive for them to collaborate on a project that is both Big&Bold relating to the city of London.
As a young company we are building social responsibility into our culture from day one.