The monthly member spotlight is an opportunity to learn more about a leader at one of our member companies and showcase the work they are doing. This month, we spotlight Dmitry Brusilovsky from SRED Unlimited. Learn more about SRED Unlimited in our member directory.
Name: Dmitry Brusilovsky
Title: Technical Director and Founder
Company: SRED Unlimited
About SRED Unlimited
SRED Unlimited specializes in securing SR&ED tax credits and refunds, OIDMTC and other tax credits. SRED Unlimited offers a uniquely “boutique-type” service that caters to varying client needs. Small enough to offer personal service, it has the ability of treating each client with the exclusiveness it deserves, while being able to “think outside the box” finding aspects that might otherwise be overlooked.
1. What is your role and what is your favourite part of your job?
As an owner of a small company, I have to wear many hats at once. My favorite part of the job is to discuss with the clients details of their R&D projects, on a pretty low technical level. It is a real knowledge discovery process,and I enjoy it very much.
2. If you could have coffee with any business leader or industry expert, who would you choose, and why?
It would be Elon Musk. He is a genius, and a visionary like nobody else.
3. What is the #1 business book/blog/website you would recommend?
www.joelonsoftware.com. I enjoyed reading it for many years of work as software engineer, and I am still enjoying it now.
4. Looking at your company’s future, what are you most enthusiastic about?
Helping more companies to secure funding from the government.
5. What excites you most about the local tech community?
An opportunity to meet many bright people.