For nearly 2 years, STEAM Education Centres (STEAM Centre) has had the privilege of operating from the Central and Wellington Street school located at 50 Wellington Street. The organization has welcomed thousands of people from St. Thomas and surrounding area into the facility for awesome hands-on workshops, community events, tours and school field trips. It has truly been STEAM Centre’s honour to introduce more people to the local institution and to draw inspiration from the rich educational history of the building dating back to 1856.
As the needs of students and programs change, however, so too have the organization’s spatial needs. As such, STEAM Centre is pleased to announce the organization will relocate to 168 Curtis Street as of July 2, 2018. “We are excited to move the Centre to the heart of downtown St. Thomas”, said Jessica Moyes, Executive Director. “This relocation will allow STEAM Centre to customize a modern and flexible learning facility to connect with more people and best serve the community!” added Moyes.
Some of the key features of the new space include:
- An open concept learning environment to support greater collaboration
- Full HVAC system to allow families and programs 12 months access
- An opportunity for more visibility in the downtown core
- Use of a garage and large entrance to move big tools and equipment in and out
- Increased power amperage to support ongoing additions of cutting edge technology
STEAM Centre looks forward to welcoming the community into their new home this summer and to the grand re-opening event in September.