Canadian history is packed with technological advancements and discoveries. Our home-grown inventors and entrepreneurs have been responsible for technologies that have saved lives, gone to space, powered our stuff, and entertained us.
As we celebrate Canada Day, here is our pick of top 5 Canadian inventions.
1. Medicinal insulin: invented by Frederick Banting, Charles Best and James Collip in 1922
2. Cardiac pacemaker: invented by John Hopps in 1950
3. Alkaline battery: invented by Lewis Urry in 1954
4. IMax Movie System: invented by Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, and Robert Kerr in 1968
5. The Canadarm: developed by staff of the SPAR Aerospace in 1981
What is your pick for the best Canadian invention?